Verified By Visa
Implementing Verified By Visa
Once you have decided to adopt Verified by Visa you will need to assess the various Merchant Plug-In (MPI) implementation options available, taking into account your business requirements, technological capabilities, as well as your current operating environment.
The MPI can be located on your server, at your acquirer or may be offered as an integrated part of a payment gateway provider’s payment capabilities. In general, very large merchants tend to purchase a Visa-compliant MPI from a software provider, which is then implemented into their own website, while most small to medium merchants are enabled via a payment gateway provider or an acquirer-hosted service.
A list of software providers that have developed a Visa-compliant MPI can be obtained from your acquirer, your local visa office or by visiting: www.international.visa.com/fb/paytech/secure/main.jsp
Verified by Visa Merchant Implementation Guide
The Verified by Visa Merchant Implementation Guide, provides detailed information designed to assist you with your evaluation of Verified by Visa. This detailed information covers all aspects of your Verified by Visa evaluation and implementation including:
- Verified by Visa background and overview
- 3-D Secure components and message flow
- Overview of MPI functions and message flow
- MPI implementation options
- Implementation assessment and planning
- Detailed Verified by Visa best practices
- 3-D Secure Transaction Processing
- Security and risk management
- Dispute processing
Download the Verified by Visa Merchant Implementation Guide (pdf |1.1mb)
Frequently Asked Questions on Verified by Visa
- Printable Page
- Tell A Friend
- Tools and best practices for online merchants. (pdf | 304kb)
- AIS is a risk management program sponsored by Visa and run by its member banks.
- ESDlife is an award-winning bilingual portal that has pioneered the provision of public and commercial services in Hong Kong. Find out more about ESDlife’s participation in Verified by Visa.